SMARTIDIOM was born from the dream of Carla Gaspar, the company’s founder, of creating a brand that provides quality Translation services. Carla Gaspar embarked on her career as a freelance translator in 2014, after having spent two years working as an in-house translator in two renowned Lisbon-based companies. Her seven years in the industry were instrumental to her building a professional perspective of the Translation market and to her widely improving her technical knowledge in subject areas ranging from electronics, IT and software to law, banking, finance, pharmaceuticals, medicine and marketing.
Back in Leiria, her spiritual home, she realised that it was time to embrace a project that would breathe life into her once again: setting up her own company. So, on the 31st May 2012, SMARTIDIOM was born. Despite having started with Translation as its core business, the company quickly extended its operations, offering complementary, highly complex services, such as Software Localisation, Interpreting, Bilingual and Monolingual Proofreading, Subtitling, Transcription, Training and Copywriting, always aiming to provide its clients with as complete a range of language services as possible.
In September 2012, the opportunity arose to work on an ambitious project with a new client. The company was given 150 to 200 thousand words to Translate in as little as a month and a half, leading to SMARTIDIOM hiring its first employees – three in-house Translators – following a partnership being confirmed with one of its most prestigious international clients. This new four-person team was responsible for Translating and Proofreading all the work requested by this Client, and the excellent performance of everyone involved ensured this first experience was a success – so much so that SMARTIDIOM still works with this client, to this day!
Now actively present in over 35 countries, since 2018, SMARTIDIOM has been certified as meeting the following standards: ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management Systems) and ISO 17100:2015 (Translation Services) as well as being granted the status of certified training body by the Directorate-General for Employment and Labour Relations (DGERT). The services we provide include technical translations, localising websites and software, testing apps and software, copywriting, transcreation (creative translation for Marketing and Advertising), subtitling, interpreting, dubbing, transcribing and certified training. Our areas of expertise are Marketing, Tourism, IT, Software, Energy and the Environment.
Everything we do at SMARTIDIOM we do with the conviction that the example we’re setting positively affects those around us. We believe that we can meet this ambition in three ways: by being the best company we can be for our employees, by gaining the unbreakable loyalty of our customers and by inspiring the world to work continuously to become the best version of itself. Our translation, certified training and multilingual digital marketing solutions enable us to contribute to building a more connected, optimistic, authentic and empowered global community.
To create an extraordinary world view in people’s hearts and minds, inspiring them to fulfil their purpose and make their dreams come true.
- Results are our priority – We work tirelessly to find new ways to grow our business, and in doing so, guarantee the best for our people.
- Integrity is at the heart of who we are – We set the example and do what is right, even when no one is watching.
- We always deliver our best – We are strict and demanding with our work so that we can “wow” every stakeholder.
- We have the best people – We want to be the best company we can be, and for this to happen we need to work with the best people.
- We walk in each other’s shoes – We always take the initiative to be at the front line of operations and are proactive team players. We give our all in everything we do and communicate with each other directly and with determination.
- We promote a positive global mindset – We empathise with each other, value our achievements and celebrate our victories.
- We evolve incessantly. – We’re brave, we stand for change and take risks with a view to making an impact and inspiring others.
- We trust who we are but are always humble – We treat others with respect, even when we disagree. We take responsibility for our actions, own up to our mistakes and apologise.
Our value proposition
Our client base is made up of companies from all over the world as well as Portuguese brands who operate internationally and face the challenge of launching their products and services in various markets, communicating efficiently in languages they do not speak. We help them to communicate locally, in their customers’ native language, so that they can increase their sales and scale their businesses.